Maybe it is the explosion of social media, but everyone is constantly traveling. AND I love it. I love traveling and I love the excitement that comes with being in a new place.
5 Reasons Families Need to Travel NOW
- Always my number #1 – YOU NEED A BREAK FROM YOUR LIFE. Kids fill up our calendars quicker than they call us to wipe their butts. I am serious. My 3 have me driving from A to Z with stops in between. It’s exhausting and downright draining.
- YOU NEED TO EXPAND YOUR WINGS. I constantly hear people talk about how they have never left their own state. I am not hating that because I can give plenty of reasons on why your state rocks, but there is more to see outside of your home state. And outside of Disney World. My hubby always tells his family and friends – “There are 49 other states outside of Florida!!”
- YOU NEED TO CROSS OFF A PLACE ON YOUR “BUCKET LIST” or DREAM LIST. I always wanted to go to Miami, Florida and Key West. When I was 18, my boyfriend and I packed up and headed there. It kind of helped that he was from there and I was going to meet the family and friends. However, he made it special for me. Check. Since then, we constantly add places to our list and just go.
- THERE ARE PLENTY OF AMAZING DEALS!! I recently ran across tickets to Iceland for $69 (one way) and RT (roundtrip) tickets to London for $400. If you are okay with making a few phone calls, you can get your room rates really low too. That extra money in the budget leaves you to check out a few places you didn’t think you could afford.
- THE KIDS WANT TO SEE PLACES FAR AND AWAY TOO. The kids may say they want to go to an amusement park (and honestly they do) but they probably haven’t been given the opportunity to travel anywhere else. My 3 will take a National Park any day because they know there are plenty of sites to explore in the parks. Most of the National Parks have Junior Ranger Programs so they usually beat us inside to the counter to get a booklet and start working. They get a badge when the booklet is completed so to them it is all fun and games.
Stop Waiting. GO!
Whether you have a small budget or your tax return to use, traveling is what you make of it. Stop saying you will travel when the kids get a little older or when you have more time. You don’t really need time and it may never be available to you. Take a day trip somewhere or spend a weekend in a nearby big city. We love Atlanta and don’t mind traveling there just for a day but a weekend is fabulous.
If you are heading to Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Southern California, Tampa Bay, or Toronto – you need to take advantage of seeing the hottest attractions at a fraction of the cost with City Pass!